|Procedure No: HS-1.5||Revision|
The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that health and safety hazards are identified and corrected through effective workplace inspections.
This standard applies to the President, Managers, Supervisors and the Health and Safety Representative.
Occupational Health & Safety Act, sections 25, 27, 28 and 9.
Regulations for Construction Projects
Regulations for Industrial Establishments
Workplace inspections are completed with the following goals:
1. The Health & Safety Representative shall inspect the workplace monthly
2. Inspections shall be recorded on the Workplace Inspection form
3. Completed Workplace Inspection Forms will be submitted to:
5. Managers and the President will periodically accompany the representative during its inspection.
6. Records of inspections shall be kept and maintained by the person responsible for health and safety
7. The Health and Safety Representative may make recommendations regarding any identified hazards or needs
5.2 Site Supervisor
1. Where appropriate, the site supervisor shall complete the daily job site inspection form
2. Site Supervisor shall also ensure that equipment-specific inspections are completed as required by specific procedures (heavy equipment, portable tools, etc.)
3. These reports shall be submitted to the President
4. Supervisors shall be responsible, where reasonable and practicable, for instituting and monitoring corrective action for deficiencies identified during the inspection.
5. Records of inspections, observations and related corrective action shall kept and maintained by Supervisors
6. Any health or safety issue or item identified by Supervisors may be referred to the Health and Safety Representative for consideration
7. Supervisors shall review relevant health and safety inspection findings during regular staff meetings.
8. The President shall periodically accompany Supervisors during planned inspections and monitor the completion of inspections and corrective action
The President shall conduct periodic site and workplace inspections and document on the Inspection Form. This activity may be achieved by accompanying supervisors and/or the Health and Safety Representative.
Workplace Inspection Form Job Site Inspection Form